Wednesday, August 20, 2008

From 2D to 3D




This summer I've been working with a 3D animator/rendering in developing a project for one of my clients. We took a 2D character and turned it into a 3D model. The character, named PHOTON (watch out, he's copyrighted), is rigged for computer animation. The 2D rendering is mine. From there I handed it over to Andrew along with some character development sketches. He took it from there. The two other images are his. This has been a terrific learning experience for me. I want to thank my friend and render buddy, Andrew Frye. Andy, you rock!

... Now I'm just trying to find the time to start "playing" with the software program that we used to create the 3D model of PHOTON. Heck! I'm still trying to find time to build my website from the UNDER CONSTRUCTION page. (www.mikedholm.com)

2 comments:

Tom R said...

Very cool, Cedric!!

Mike Edholm said...

Cedric? Cedric didn't do these. Andrew Frye (you don't know him) and I did these. Andy's teaching me Lightwave 3D and MAYA. Too cool....