Thursday, December 9, 2010

Our friend in need...Rick Hupka

Rick Hupka, our friend and faithful COTW Czar needs our prayers and good thoughts. I woke up this morning to find this posted on his Facebook page... "to my family.....i love you!!!! my time is short, and wanted to say how proud i am of you ALL! remember to love love each other, told the family dear to your heart. dad.....xox...Ü."

To day the least, this made me pretty worried. I wrote him a message but got no response, so I sent his wife Rhonda a message. This is the response I got from her. "Geoff, Thanks for your concern and prayers. Rick is NOT very able to type as he has an issue with his right hand and his depth perception. Needless to say, he is also unable to draw anymore, I can barely recognize his signature. Since last Thursday the 2nd, Rick has been diagnosed with pnuemonia and a mass on his left lung. Cat scans on Monday of head and chest showed mass on lung, another mass on left side of brain 6 - 7.5 cm in size. This explains the loss of motor control on his right side. Mass on his liver and medial stienam. Biopsies of lung taken today, will know results of disease progress by Thursday doc said, then on to an oncologist for treatment options. He appreciates your communication and would appreciate it if you could pass the word onto the other Wisen's. Please feel free to contact me at anytime, I just don't know if I'll be able to keep up with alot of you Cartoonists so keeping contact with 1 would be helpful. Thanks again from Rick and I and his children and grandchildren. Peace/Out "

I just got another response and she says that anyone that wants to send him a message should post directly on his Facebook wall. He'll be able to read the messages, but can't type, so don't feel insulted if you don't get a response, but know that he's reading them.

Or if you want to post here, I'll cut and paste any comments to send to Rhonda to make sure he gets them.

If you happen to read this Rick, know that we're thinking about you bud and hope for a speedy recovery. Hang in there! : )

Rick's Facebook page...

No comments: